Welcome to Beach Rose Bicycles where Jamie and Peter have offered friendly service and quality bicycles to Block Island visitors for 22 years.
Beach Rose Bicycles specializes in Trek and Raleigh bikes.
Choices of hybrid, mountain, duel sport and sport comfort models are offered in a wide range of sizes in both men’s frames and step through frames for women and men. Couples may also enjoy Trek tandem bicycles for two. Children’s bikes, tag-a-longs, trailers and child seats provide many options for families.
Located at 1622 Roslyn Rd next door to the Rose Farm Inn, Beach Rose Bicycles is just a half-mile from the ferry dock. The Bike Rental Shop is also on the way to some of the Island’s most special scenic areas including the South-East Lighthouse.
DIRECTIONS to Beach Rose Bicycles:
Starting from the Block Island Ferry, turn left on Water Street towards the statue of Rebecca, reaching the Round-About, take a right up High Street. At the top of the hill you will see a sign for the Rose Farm Inn. Follow the paved driveway passing the Atlantic Inn then walk beyond the Rose Farm Inn. Beach Rose Bicycles has a sign, a deck and red barn doors. We are the closest bike shop to the Atlantic Inn, Spring House Hotel, 1661 Inn, Bellevue House and Seabreeze Inn. We are also near the Hotel Manisses, Sheffield House and Anchor House.
An alternate route: from the statue of Rebecca walk up Spring Street. Passing the Manisses Hotel
on the right, continue to The Spring House Hotel. Walking through their parking area, pass by the chicken coop and over the lawn between the stone wall and The Rose Farm Inn building. The bicycle rental shop is in the low roofed barn next to the gravel driveway, facing west. Beach Rose Bicycles has a sign, a deck and red barn doors.
Take in the fresh sea air, rounding each bend the island presents uniquely picturesque sights. Ride by rambling stone walls and fresh water ponds on your way to Block Island’s historic lighthouses, breathtaking bluffs, miles of green-way walking trails and unique Sandy Point. You may coast into town for lunch then breeze by the dunes to Crescent Beach.
Personal friendly service, quality bikes accessorized for the ride and a shop that overlooks rolling farm fields makes Beach Rose Bicycles an excellent starting point for your Block Island adventure.
- We’re open all summer from 8:00AM – 8:30PM every day.
- Daily rates for 2016 are: Full day adult bikes – $40.00 (coupon discount may be applied, subtract 5.00)
- Long term and family bicycle rentals are our specialty, call or email to learn about our great multiple day discounts.
- New! Cash only discount: 3% off advertised rates.
- Electra Townie 21 speed bicycles (men’s & women’s) and Electra Ticino 7D 7 speed (men’s & women’s) have arrived! Inquire within the shop for pricing.
- Trek FX 7.3 fitness road bike 22.5″- large frame available for avid cyclists or extended riding on paved roads only. (deposit required)
- Torker Interurban women’s road bike 44cm – petite frame also available at our discounted rate.
- We introduce new models to the fleet every spring, and all bicycles are well tended and inspected after each rental so they are ready for you.
- Light aluminum frames and 21-27 gears make our bikes excellent for traveling the island’s rolling hills.
- Maps, locks and helmets are included with each rental.
- Below retail accessories, Serfas Rider Optimized sunglasses, cycling shorts, Bontrager helmets, XLC lights, baskets all available in the bicycle shop.
- Ice cold Sport top Crystal Spring water for sale.
- Beach chairs and umbrellas for rent.
- Beach Rose Bicycles Inc. is insured for your protection.
- VISA, MASTERCARD AMERICAN EXPRESS & DISCOVER accepted
- Sorry – We do not rent Mopeds